Monday, March 8, 2010

I got the blues...and greens...

Today was supposed to be a day of extreme blogging. As I was reading "Slouching Towards Bethlehem" this morning on the Q train, I was inspired by the essay about self respect... I'll talk about that later though once I've read it in not such a tired, dazed by the world state.... Anyway, I had all these amazing thoughts about the amazing blog posts I would write and the amazing words I would use and about how amazing I was. Well, it's now nearly the end of the workday, I'm tired, and I'm really unmotivated.

Luckily, I got a new pair of boots today, so April suggested I write about those. That is shallow and I don't care. They are beautiful blue, like water, like rain, like the sea, like the sky, like heaven... They are super-soft vintage leather Aldo boots... IN BLUE. Ahh the amazing things you can find on Etsy. I don't even care if I'm shallow, because these boots are DEEP (blue that is). HAH.

Anyway, I also have blue fingernails, a blue sweater, blue eyes... and a scarf that has some blue in it but is really mostly green. And this weekend was the St. Paddy's Day parade in Hoboken, so I got to wear LOTS OF GREEN and today I get to wear LOTS OF BLUE. My life is pretty much complete.

It's amazing how surrounding yourself (or covering yourself, rather) in beautiful colors that you love can make you feel absolutely beautiful and wonderful. The amazing weather might have something to do with it, but that's another story. I think living in New York, the way I express my love for the colors of nature (blue, green, brown) is to wear them... Mostly because I like to look pretty, but also because they just make me happy. I just want my whole life to be awash in these shades...

This pretty much means that I need to move back to the country eventually so I can see these lovely colors in the fields and the sky FOR REAL. I need to travel somewhere lush and verdant. I need to swim in the blue blue ocean. I need... I need... I need to go home and clean my apartment.

Back to reality.

No comments: